Sunday, November 6, 2011

New Life

There has been an addition to the Vinnord family! Two in fact!!! My dearest Heksa (the oldest cat) had her kittens finally! There were three kittens, but the third was not healthy and died within hours of being born. I knew it would end that way as soon as I laid eyes on her. Half the size of her siblings and lacking patches of fur. I could not get her to suckle either. Both me and my helper Eva, tried our best. Momma cat eventually smothered her.I cried alittle, but that is mother nature, she gives alot, but takes also. It simply was not ment to be.
But the other two, BOYS, are thriving. They are cutest darn things I have ever seen! And I have no idea how I am ever gonna manage to part with one of them. So there is a sliiight chance that they both just have to stay here at the Cottage with us. They serioulsy look like cotton balls, fluffy fur, round bellies! I am in love! For a cat lover like me, kittens = paradise.
 I have named them..... Hokus and Pokus!!! Their momma is Heksa, which means, "the witch" :) So honestly, I couldnt name them anything else! But enough talk right? Meet the boys;
that's Pokus on the left, he was bron first, and Hokus were born 2nd.
 This here is Hokus... my white one, with patches of gray stripes... 

 
And this is Pokus... he is nearly completely tabby with very warm-brown fur. He has white feet and a white face. Both kittens are polydactlys too, just like their moma...


Arent they adorable?


8 comments:

Hulda said...

Tror aldri jeg har sett så små kattunger. Så fine der de patter melk. :)

RoseSommer said...

Jeg har vokst opp på gård og har fått oppleve endel kattunger, heldig som jeg er. Min mor pleide å la kattemor beholde bare 1. Jeg skal ikke fortelle resten...
De er så nydelige, og blir jo bare skjønnere og skjønnere ettersom dagene går. Gled deg!

RoseSommer said...

... og fantastisk morsomme navn!

Monica Helén said...

ååååh, gratulerer jenta!! =) De er nydelige! Skulle bodd nærmere så vi fikk stukket innom og sagt hei.... <3

Herman Grans ♥ said...

Så fine! :)
Fortsatt god søndag :)

andrea@townandprairie said...

Your kitties are the sweetest little munchkies ever! andrea@townandprairie

Melanie said...

Your kittens are SO cute! My youngest kitty looked just like that when he was born. He's now a year old and huge! Enjoy these sweet little kittens.

LivingVintage said...

I love the story ... and the photos of your kitties.