Friday, November 25, 2011

soon it is...

Yule time all over again... I usually decorate early in december, so that I can enjoy the whole holiday month... 
My palette has always been reds, silver and white, with evergreens and lots of lights and glitter... 

For my first year at Vinnord I decorated alot darker, more glam. Last year I converted to a more country style, including alot more aqua and turqouise, as my house is dominated by these colours allready. 
I didnt swap too many things out. These birds are with me all year long. The first year I put them away, but last year they got to stay. 
Here is the table, my first year here. Everything seemed a bit more "grande", if you know what I mean.

and alot of silver!

Last years table, with the tree in the background. And this is where I am wondering what to do... I LOVE the full trees, styled in lots of glamour and glitter. A Disney tree!!!
my 2009 tree...
but this year I have been inspired by simple trees. Country cottage style trees....
oh what to do what to do....


I know I'll probably end up with the full tree... even though a simpler one might suit my home better... 

I have also collected so many new ideas through pinterest! I can't WAIT to get started!

here is just a couple;
 

Tomorrow is my big 30th birthday bash. I am having my ponyclub-friends over for dinner :) And lots of wine! I am sure my actual day, which is sunday, will be spent with a headache! But oh well...
And then on tuesday, I will start decorating!!! :)

More pictures to come, then.... oh and I am dying to show you my new office/atlier furniture from the 1930's and 40's... I am so in love with it. But my camera cant handle the light up there, so I am gonna ask my sister to take a few shots :)

3 comments:

Shannon@FoxHollowCottage said...

Lovely in aqua. I enjoy your blog. Always such interesting news, beautiful posts and photos. Thanks for sharing!
Shannon, Oregon, USA

The Old Painted Cottage said...

These images are incredibly inspiring!

oxox
Jennifer

andrea said...

I think red with aqua is such a retro color combo. I love it for the holidays and use this scheme in my kitchen! andrea@townandprairie