Friday, December 30, 2011

alittle more yule

I think some more yule decorated Vinnord photos are in order... dont you?

I dont actually have a picture of my massive tree this year. Maybe I'll snap a few shots yet... I am also missing one of my walnut string decor for the doorway...

 My yule was very quiet, with family and friends... and SO much food... serioulsy >.<

 Tomorrow we hope one of our "sisters" from Germany will arrive to celebrate new years with us here in Norway. I can't wait to see her again. I miss her terribly when she is away. Libby is the fourth exchange student from Germany our family took in. It is a brilliant experience, both as a student (I went to live with my beloved Lucas family in Nebraska for a year) and as host family (our 4 students)

I am allready thinking about decorating the table, this is ALWAYS my task... I wonder why?! :)

 Remember my quest for fake snow? Well since then I found some, but by then I had allready made my own, much nicer version. Flaky salt, irrdecent glitter flakes and some glass pebbles... It's PERFECT! I am planning on scooping it back up and reuse it!



the tealight cottage, same as my mum's... childhood memories and a flea market santa. ALL my favorite santas are from fleamarkets!


My Hallmark Santas From Around the World. Love them. The german one, and Norwegian one were gifts from the Lucas family. The english one I bought a few years back. I really REALLY want an american one too... and if there is a Scottish one.... 

 My stairway decor in the mudroom. The stone horse bust was a birthday pressie to me, from me :) And the pidestal was a buy from a fleamarket shop. The lanterns were adorned with greens and fake snow, as well as a santa painted by me, when I was wee....

A little gnome from my mum last year.... I have a set... my favorite NEW ones :D LOVE them....
So there you are, Yule at Vinnord. I still have some decorations not shown, I shall see what I can do about that... now it's bedtime for me, actually should have been there long ago... work tomorrow... sigh.

Have a peaceful holiday season still. And peek back in soon!

6 comments:

polkadotpeticoat said...

You just keep bringing your eye candy for us to enjoy....Happy New Year Momma!!!

Spoonchik said...

I absolutely love your blog. You have great taste and it's different an unique from US style. I love your collection of ceramic horses. Your babies are beautiful too. Only a very kind loveing person can love animals so much. Best of all to you. Happy New Years!

Leyla said...

Hello there :)

I came over your blog through NIB, and the first thing I saw was that little gnome you have a picture of! I just bought an exactly same one for Christmas and I just love it! You have a fantastic taste and you great decorator. From now on I will follow your blog and your writings :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful! So, dumb question, did you actually bake the muffins in the tea cup? or just put them there for a picture?

Tee of Vinnord Cottage said...

no no... I baked it in muffins wrapper and served it in teacups

Monica Helén said...

Helt nydelig snupp!! =)
Miss you too much...:(