Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Norwegian Pony Stallion Grading Show

This weekend was a very important one.
It was the weekend of the grading for pony Stallions. All Norwegian bred Stallions have to og though this to be approved for breeding. This year the O-man's Three year old colt Jahrs Flashjack was attending, and I was scared shitless.
 
Why?
 
Because this gorgeous Stallion was born on my watch Three years ago. I had to help it into the world, and I was a drama Queen about it too. From then on I loved him With all my heart. And he is, by far, one of the most stunning Welsh sec. D's I have ever seen. And what if he didnt pass?
 
He did by the way, and I cried happy tears when I realized he was granted approval With flying colours! Yepp I did... I cried!
 
I wish Pixie can have a date With him one day...
 
But I just like to show you some Pictures I took really...
 
Look at him, and tell me he is not gorgeous?!?? It was a foggy day which delighted my photographing self. I love photographing in dimmed light like this.
 
But I took more stunning photos too!
 

Two more of Jahrs Flashjack. A Welsh Cob Stallion. He is a sooty buckskin by the way.
 

This is Ponnyhaugens Mike, a Welsh Mountain Stallion. He is a strawberry roan (or red roan?)
 
 
This is a Welsh Part Bred Stallion named Winterswijk's Fürst Aureus. He is Pixie's paternal Brother!!! They share the same father.
 

 
This is Menai Percival, a Welsh Cob Stallion. He has the kindest eyes I have ever seen. And he is massive! Huge, but such a teddy bear.
 
 
This is a Connemara Stallion, he was awarded 1st grade (meaning he's as good as it gets really)
His name is Engenes Lucky Joker.
 
I only did headshots outside. It was the lens I had at the time, I couldnt be bothered to change it back and forth.
 
I love these photos though!
 
Did you have a great weekend?

2 comments:

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

What handsome boys and wonderful photos! Looks like fun!

Susan Pear said...

Trine what beautiful boys! Stunning photographs! Hope your Trixie gets that date!!