Thursday, August 11, 2011

Before & After - Atlièr

Unfortunatly.... I dont actually have any pictures of the before upstairs. But it was simply an empty stairs landing. Not used for much else but messy heaps of stuff... ha ha... I needed a place to draw, and paint... so I took use of this otherwise "useless" space...

remember you can always view larger photos by clicking them.
Since you saw the pictures at CotM I have redone the chair :) Now it looks alot fresher, and doesnt have stuff hanging from underneath. Please dont mind the wires... they need to go somewhere.
The desk was an old pine fleafind that I stained. It is rather badly done I see now. But I still kind of like it!
my atlièr is a messy, but organized, affair. The walls are plastered in anything that inspire me. Mostly fantastical faerie beasts and horses! :) I love my horses...
This too was an older piece of pine crap. It's the bottom part of a bigger piece. I painted it, sanded it, stained it and waxed it. PHU! Very satisfied with the outcome. Handles has arrived, but I need some help putting them on, they're antique and weird... ha ha...


As you can see, my interest are several. I was a paleontology majour at Uni, so dinosaurs are still very close to my heart. I also took zoology, which leads to me collecting specimens of all kinds. And then there are witch craft and mythology...and horses...of course!
That naked bust, I made that 12 years ago, when I lived in Nebraska. And that fossil I have found with my own hands!
"Growing old is unavoidable - Growing up is optional" :)


Old flowerfrogs can be used in different ways. Like holding my paintbrushes when I work.


Since these photos from the CotM were taken, the decor has slightly changed :)

View into my bedroom...which is where I'll be taking you next! So keep on showing up...
Once again, thank you for all your sweet replies. I am also shocked by how many of my pictures, from here and the Old Painted Cottage, are showing up on Pinterest :) By request I started a board just from Vinnord as well.

I hope you are all well :)

7 comments:

Hulda said...

Jeg blir alltid imponert over den flotte måten du innreder et rom på. Så herlige farger, møbler og detaljer. Denne skjenken i lysgrønt var jo helt herlig da! Du får alt til å se originalt og lekkert ut!

Monica Helén said...

SV: ja, tenk at det ikke demret for meg engang at du jobber der...!
Men så hadde vi sykt dårlig tid også da. Vi løp inn, handlet litt småting, og forsvant til Drammen igjen, -før vi retunerte for en liten kaffe og is og dro hjem. Det er sykt at jeg ikke engang tenkte tanken om at du jo jobber der...!! :( *skammeseg*

Leser dette innlegget så fort jeg får tid...
Fine bilder iallefall! =)

debbie @ happy little cottage said...

Hi Tee,

I love how your personality is all over this space! The blue sideboard is so great! Looking forward to the next installment!

becky up the hill said...

Your cottage is just amazing. My heart just leaps, when I see your 'afters'..maybe the dinning room is my favorite..the changes in colors..big congrats!

Mitt hvite hus said...

Jeg er imponert... du innreder i en slik stil som jeg liker...''nydelig farge på skrivebordet ditt... den grønne var aldeles nydelig..

alle detaljene som setter prikken over ien..

Kjempeflott-...
ha en fin fredag

Monica Helén said...

Så GØY å høre om bildene som dukker opp på pinterest! =)
I´m so curious about those handles that has just arrived, -in what way are det weird..? =))

luv2findtreasures1 said...

Saw you and your home in The Old Painted Cottage! Love your house! You have a great eye for what looks good and where it should go. I love all the little details like the little whale next to the pot. Your sister takes very nice pictures. They look like they are in a magazine and the one of your front porch looks like it should be on the cover! Susan