Saturday, August 20, 2011

Gran's old kitchen scale

My first day of holiday! Two whole weeks of freedom, and a hundred projects in waiting... We'll see what to tackle first... it'll probably be the fencing for Pixie. Which, obvioulsy isnt so exciting... but today I am doing nothing... I'm flat out on the couch and savouring that first day of holiday with a cup of coffee.

In my kitchen stands a green scale, everybody had one of these during the 50's and they came in all sorts of colours. White and green being the most popular ones. Mine was left in gran's garage, where my uncle would use it to weigh scrap metal... poor thing...

 I had to save it of course. It still works fine, but I admit to using the electronic one when baking. It has the most lovely patina, and the perfect green shade. 

I change the decor on top from time to time. For now stands an old tea kettle, and a fleamarket hen for toothpicks :) Simple, yet effectful.

I hope August is treating you all great. Fleamarket season is at the start here in Norway, and next weekend will surely be a busy one :) Hopefully some treasures will find their way to me...

Have a happy late summer evening everyone.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your gran's scale. My grandmother had a white one. I don't know what ever happened to it. Enjoy your two week vacation. I hope you get lots of rest and accomplish lots of projects!! :0)

Sukkertøy for øyet said...

...fortsatt interessert jeg*ler* Om du har en i gul,send meg gjerne et bilde og pris!! (idasussanne@live.no) De er SÅÅÅÅ fantastiske :)

Fin dag til deg, og takk for kommentar!!

Save South Fambridge said...

Hi, I love the scales, can you imagine the stories they'd tell if they could. That's why I like old and vintage you just know they've played a part in somebody else's life story. Love the idea of being a stand to showcase something else. Great idea. I'm just starting my 2nd weeks holiday at home...too much to do to go away but I don't seems to have got much done in my first week! Have a good holiday.

Debbie x

emblas-kanel said...

Havnet tilfeldig på bloggen din. Og det første jeg ser er den herlige grønne vekta. Jeg har klart å få tak i en likedan etter lang tids leting -de er herlige er de ikke? Nå skal jeg kikke mer i bloggen din :-) Ha en fin søndag. :-))

Monica Helén said...

SV: KLART jeg skal ta deg med til den bruktbutikken med bøker i..:) Tenkte faktisk på det da jeg skrev innlegget, at der hadde vel du likt å være du også..=) Kom deg hit snart a..?
Nydelig med ferie kan jeg tenke meg ja... Vel fortjent til deg iallefall...=) Digger vekta di, men det vet du jo, hihi...=) Gla i min egen, men skjønner ikke hvor det har blitt av skålen til den...:(

andrea@townandprairie said...

Trine- Your style is an inspriation to us all. I'm tagging you with a Liebster! Please visit my post of 8/22 to claim your blogging award and spread the Liebster love. Have a great day! Andrea @ townandprairie

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

hi trine! i am new to your blog and come to it via the old painted cottage. first and foremost, congrats on being COTM and your home is just full of beauty and so serene! LOVE all of the collections and colours you use. just fantastic! your love of green and blue is like mine. reminds me of colours of the sea.

have a lovely day!

xxoo
becky
california, usa

salige lavendel said...

Så artig - jeg har akkurat samme vekt i samme grønnfarge. Elsker den!

an-magritt said...

Nyydelig vekt! Elsker den fargen, men det har du vel allerede forstått. ;) Takk for fine ord inne hos meg. Det varmer!!